Wednesday, August 26, 2009

G?d is in this place and I did not know it

When I emerge from my resistance to the people and circumstances that surround me, I begin to notice the sea of grace and opportunity and wonder inherent in the people and circumstances I have been gifted with, and notice like Yaakov (Jacob) "G?d is in this place and I did not know it."

When I have a headache I often want to get rid of it so that I can "get on with stuff." But the headache is the "stuff" I have been given to get "on with" and if I put aside all my imaginary chores, none of which will necessarily bear the fruit I imagine they will, then I am free to be with my headache for as long as it persists. Of course I will use this as a strategy to get rid of it - "maybe if I meet the headache it will dissolve of its own accord" - and this precondition will prevent a true meeting, although the headach may stay or it may go.
___________________________

The more I develop the capacity to let go
the more I see bracha
in my life
this is the not-so-secret meaning of
"Harpeyu vedeyu sheanochi Elohim"
"Release and know that I am Lord"
___________________________
seems sometimes you need to duck and dive
to get there alive

No comments: