Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Safety

When I ask myself what is important to me, the words "home" and "family" come up. And when I enquire as to what about these things are important to me, I come up with the word "safety" - both home and family represent some kind of safety, some kind of reliable constant in an ever shifting world over which I have little control.


As I ponder this further, I ask, "what wants to be kept safe? What imagines itself vulnerable and threatened, and so longs for refuge, for bedrock which will not crumble?" And I also ask "what might be already safe, unassailable, unthreatened, that sees itself not as a separate entity threatened by changing circumstances, but perhaps as those changing circumstance themselves, in all their uncontainable and undirectable such-ness."

No comments: