Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Coming up from down

Went off anti-depressants about two weeks ago. Had cut down from 20mg of Lexipro daily to 10 mg every two days and then just decided to stop....or it was decided....

About four days after quitting began to  feel mushy headed, stoned, light headed, euphoric, on occasion very sleepy, stoned again, giggly, hyperverbal, stoned again, funny, odd, and stoned (as in the effect of marijuana) during my waking hours. Most of the feelings have been very or slightly pleasant. On the whole have been quite energised, but on one day and a few hours here and there have experienced  complete heavy immobility with associated hopelessnes and absence of motivation to do anything. Stoned includes a feeling of disconnect from my body, pleasant pressure/ non pressure / in my skull and around / behind my eyes, a cloudyness where my brain normally is (but normally I would not have any sensations there, or would not be giving any attention to those sensations, i.e no call from there for attention) sluggishness, discombobulation, head - body separation (with the 'different' feelings seemingly mainly in the area of my skull. No rush for this phase to be over, but interesting how long the changes in my brain's neurochemistry are continuing....will this go on for several weeks?  

No comments: