Monday, August 27, 2012

Discrimination

I continue to confuse

willfullness with willingness
stubbornness with strength
self esteem without self justification
assertiveness with aggression (I think if I say what I want in a situation I'm being "aggressive")
compassion with weakness
acceptance with permissiveness

how fine and important are these distinctions!

Like many men I confuse

seeking help with weakness
showing emotion with increased vulnerability (i.e wound ability)


The Hebrew word bochen comes from the root to test, to check, check it out against (or with) your reality. Lehavchin is to take note of what differentiates one thing from another. Check out if that rope is a snake, or if that snake is a rope. in Hindu thought discriminations is called viveka. Viveka is right discrimination between the true and the false, the real and the unreal (vi, away, without + veka from root vic to sift sever seperate)*
________________________________
*From glossary in I Am That


No comments: